Google
 

Thursday, April 3, 2008

Messi eyes United return

Barcelona ace Lionel Messi has set his sights on a return to action against Manchester United in the semi-finals of the Champions League.



Messi is back to fitness after picking up a hamstring injury in the win over Celtic last month.


The 20-year-old schemer has returned to Spain after undergoing rehabilitation in his native Argentina and he says he is close to returning to action.


Barcelona and Manchester United are in line to face each other in the last four of the Champions League after picking up away wins in the first leg of their quarter-finals clashes with Schalke and Roma respectively.


Messi is chomping at the bit to play again and has got his eye on a possible clash with Premier League leaders United.



In good shape

"I am good and can't wait to be back to action with my team-mates," he told El Mundo Deportivo. "There have been weeks of intense work in Rosario, training in the mornings and evenings every day.


"I feel strong and confident, I can't wait to play! I hope I will be able to play the Champions League semi-finals, and face one of the best teams in the world: Manchester (United).


"Now I return to Barcelona and I hope I will be part of the squad, at least to play few minutes."